We’re often asked for landscaping ideas and improvements that can be made. Mulching is, by far, one of the best things we can do for your landscaped property. Mulched beds should be around 3 inches in depth and usually need to be re-mulched each year. This is the perfect time of year to make sure that mulch is sufficient in all your plant beds.
Mulch, when correctly applied at the right depth, offers the following benefits:
- Weed Control - Mulch acts as a barrier (when applied thick enough), keeping sunlight from reaching weeds, and inhibiting weed germination and growth.
- Retain Moisture - Mulch prevents the loss of water from the soil by evaporation (especially during hot, dry seasons). This not only helps the plants, but can also help keep water bills lower.
- Prevents Soil Erosion - Mulch not only keeps existing water trapped in the soil, but also keeps rain water from washing soil away.
- Prevents Soil Splash - Keeps soil-borne disease from splashing up onto the plants and also keeps the foundation of your home cleaner and dryer.
- Maintains Soil Nutrients - Not only does mulch keep soil nutrients from being washed away by rain, but some mulches will release nutrients into the soil as the material slowly decomposes over time.
- Pest Control - Certain types of mulch, such as cedar and cypress, deter certain pests due to natural oils that repel bugs.
- Insulation - Mulch acts as an insulator that keeps the soil cool under intense heat and warm under intense cold.
- Aesthetics - Adds to the beauty of the landscape by providing a cover of uniform color and interesting texture to the surface
As your landscaping and lawn service provider, we’re here for you! If you’d like an estimate on mulching the beds on your property, just let us know. We’re able to offer you the best rate and we can assure that your home or commercial property will look great!